Nitrile vs. Latex Gloves in the Dental & Medical Field
Nitrile and latex gloves are the most popular choice for a lot of dental professionals. Sometimes, it can be confusing trying to figure out which glove to use in the course of your duty. If you are one of those that do not know the difference between these two gloves, then this blog post was curated with you in mind.
In this post, we will take a look at the differences and features of each type of glove.
Without further ado, let’s get started;
Latex gloves are protective gloves widely used in the medical profession. They are made from rubber and are suitable in high-risk situations like when working on infectious materials. Latex gloves are perfect for use when an allergy is not a concern.
Let’s take a closer look at their features;
- They are biodegradable
- They are lightly powdered
- They are cost-effective
- They are suitable for high-risk situations
- Can be worn for an extended amount of time
On the other hand, nitrile gloves are an alternative to latex gloves when an allergy is a concern. They are made from synthetic rubber and are widely referred to as “medical grade.” They are the superior gloves when it comes to puncture resistance, plus, they are latex-free and can resist a lot of chemicals.
Benefits Of Using Nitrile Gloves
- They have a high level of sensitivity
- They are molded into users’ hands for a great fit
- They are comfortable on the skin
- Their touch sensitivity is top-notch
- Nitrile gloves are known to generally have a long shelf life
And that would be it. What do you think about Latex and nitrile gloves? Share your thoughts with us using the comment box below.